Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Hodge-Podge Mix

On a quick break I walked into two of my favorite stores as of late, H&M and F21.  Without any specific items in mind I ended up with a hodge-podge  mix that I'm quite happy to add to my closet.

H&M
  • Sleeveless Blouse - how could I say no to this cute blouse for under $5; plus it reminds me of a dainty French tea cup
  • Shorts - I probably own two pairs of shorts so I was shocked when I gravitated toward these cuties; it was love at first sight plus they are amazing on (outfit soon)
  • Dress - when we went out for lunch on Mother's Day it seemed that all the ladies were wearing their beautiful maxi summer dresses; while this hits right below the knee I liked the color, which is darker than in the pic; I tried it on at home and I really don't like the way it fits; think this might be a return
  • Harem Pants - MCHammer comes to mind (haha); I liked these on so much I got them in the gray and black  (outfit soon)
  • Bag - couldn't resist picking up this cute bag for my daughter









 FOREVER 21
  • Skirt:  mid-length skirt in a gorgeous turquoise that does not quite come through in this picture; also loved the texture
  • Skirts:  I liked the shape of these skirts and the polka dots; Libra indecision kicked in so I got both
  • Pants:  notice a trend????; cannot wait to wear these!
  • Hat:  honestly cannot tell you why I picked up this hat but it just called to me so I took it home
  • Ring:  this sweet thing reminds me of Cinderella's slipper; anyone ever see the movie "The Slipper and the Rose"? one of my favorites!
  • Earrings:  Alexis Bittar lookalikes for $4? yes please.
  • Cuffs:  I recently saw similar cuffs (the gold basket weave) at Nordstrom and liked them so when I saw these similar ones I thought why not?; for this price ($6) I can get two; and then I saw the hammered green ones; got two of those!
  • Bag:  I really liked the color and feel of this bag; after I brought it home, while surfing the net, I found a Chanel bag exactly the same as this bag; mine cost around $20!










32 comments:

  1. Wow, you got some really nice things :)! I love the earrings and the strawberry bag xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm thinking I will sneak that bag away from her at one point or another for a photo op...Shhh!!

      Delete
  2. Oooh the jewellery & bags have definitely caught my eye!
    Dana please vote for my blog in the UK Cosmo awards (link on today's post). Your support would mean so much!
    Happy Wednesday Hun xoxo
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I VOTED for you!! Best of luck my friend!!

      Delete
  3. I also got those turquoise earrings from F21...they look like Alexis Bittar! Love the $4.95 blouse from H&M too, I hope to make a visit this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't those earrings gorgeous? Turquoise, hoops, bling: Nice!

      Delete
  4. Ohh such great buys!! I love your choice in colour. The bags are the cutest, love both of them. Very pretty earrings, i want the floral one. And the hat is the perfect summer accessory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comments. You've made me like that hat even more: "the perfect summer accessory". Sweet!

      Delete
  5. You made some really good purchases. This is exactly why I have to ban myself from these stores. I can't seem to walk away empty handed, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try really hard to stay away but my willpower is "0"!!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to wear it out!

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous goodies, I hopped onto your blog from HRHCollection and following it. xx

    Please come check out mine too:)

    http://thetrendreportuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment. Like your blog and following right back! Have an amazing day!

      Delete
  8. I lik those polka dots and that cute hat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have developed quite the addiction to polka dots!

      Delete
  9. I've nominated you for Versatile Blogger Award!
    Congratulations doll.

    xo
    Mix & Match

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh WOW! I am speechless! (and that's hard to do)....
      Can you let me know more info about this?!?!
      A BIG Thank you! I am humbled!

      Delete
    2. Got it! Thank you again!

      Delete
  10. Such lovely purchases! Love them all =) Thanks for your sweet comment. Of course we can follow each other! I'm following you now on GFC, love if you can do the same =)

    xoxo,
    Suzie Q
    www.StyleCueBySuzieQ.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following... Following right back as promised.

      Delete
  11. oh dana thanks so much for ur very kind message of support it really means a lot to me it gave me a giggle to so big thanks for that. love everything u got. dots my favourite to im gone nuts for polka dots to. theres just something about them there timeless thanks again my friend kisses xx leo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy that I made you giggle... That was my whole intention! (smile)

      Delete
  12. Nice haul! can't wait to see them on you :)

    Come walk my footsteps in my visit to Venice/Treviso:
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.com/2012/05/micro-break-from-heat-veneto-italy.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me to Mrs. C.... planning outfits already!

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Enjoy your weekend!

      Delete