Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Hodge-Podge Mix

On a quick break I walked into two of my favorite stores as of late, H&M and F21.  Without any specific items in mind I ended up with a hodge-podge  mix that I'm quite happy to add to my closet.

H&M
  • Sleeveless Blouse - how could I say no to this cute blouse for under $5; plus it reminds me of a dainty French tea cup
  • Shorts - I probably own two pairs of shorts so I was shocked when I gravitated toward these cuties; it was love at first sight plus they are amazing on (outfit soon)
  • Dress - when we went out for lunch on Mother's Day it seemed that all the ladies were wearing their beautiful maxi summer dresses; while this hits right below the knee I liked the color, which is darker than in the pic; I tried it on at home and I really don't like the way it fits; think this might be a return
  • Harem Pants - MCHammer comes to mind (haha); I liked these on so much I got them in the gray and black  (outfit soon)
  • Bag - couldn't resist picking up this cute bag for my daughter









 FOREVER 21
  • Skirt:  mid-length skirt in a gorgeous turquoise that does not quite come through in this picture; also loved the texture
  • Skirts:  I liked the shape of these skirts and the polka dots; Libra indecision kicked in so I got both
  • Pants:  notice a trend????; cannot wait to wear these!
  • Hat:  honestly cannot tell you why I picked up this hat but it just called to me so I took it home
  • Ring:  this sweet thing reminds me of Cinderella's slipper; anyone ever see the movie "The Slipper and the Rose"? one of my favorites!
  • Earrings:  Alexis Bittar lookalikes for $4? yes please.
  • Cuffs:  I recently saw similar cuffs (the gold basket weave) at Nordstrom and liked them so when I saw these similar ones I thought why not?; for this price ($6) I can get two; and then I saw the hammered green ones; got two of those!
  • Bag:  I really liked the color and feel of this bag; after I brought it home, while surfing the net, I found a Chanel bag exactly the same as this bag; mine cost around $20!










29 comments:

  1. Wow, you got some really nice things :)! I love the earrings and the strawberry bag xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm thinking I will sneak that bag away from her at one point or another for a photo op...Shhh!!

      Delete
  2. I also got those turquoise earrings from F21...they look like Alexis Bittar! Love the $4.95 blouse from H&M too, I hope to make a visit this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't those earrings gorgeous? Turquoise, hoops, bling: Nice!

      Delete
  3. Ohh such great buys!! I love your choice in colour. The bags are the cutest, love both of them. Very pretty earrings, i want the floral one. And the hat is the perfect summer accessory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comments. You've made me like that hat even more: "the perfect summer accessory". Sweet!

      Delete
  4. You made some really good purchases. This is exactly why I have to ban myself from these stores. I can't seem to walk away empty handed, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try really hard to stay away but my willpower is "0"!!

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous goodies, I hopped onto your blog from HRHCollection and following it. xx

    Please come check out mine too:)

    http://thetrendreportuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment. Like your blog and following right back! Have an amazing day!

      Delete
  6. I lik those polka dots and that cute hat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have developed quite the addiction to polka dots!

      Delete
  7. Such lovely purchases! Love them all =) Thanks for your sweet comment. Of course we can follow each other! I'm following you now on GFC, love if you can do the same =)

    xoxo,
    Suzie Q
    www.StyleCueBySuzieQ.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following... Following right back as promised.

      Delete
  8. Of course I VOTED for you!! Best of luck my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh dana thanks so much for ur very kind message of support it really means a lot to me it gave me a giggle to so big thanks for that. love everything u got. dots my favourite to im gone nuts for polka dots to. theres just something about them there timeless thanks again my friend kisses xx leo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy that I made you giggle... That was my whole intention! (smile)

      Delete
  10. Nice haul! can't wait to see them on you :)

    Come walk my footsteps in my visit to Venice/Treviso:
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.com/2012/05/micro-break-from-heat-veneto-italy.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me to Mrs. C.... planning outfits already!

      Delete
  11. Oh WOW! I am speechless! (and that's hard to do)....
    Can you let me know more info about this?!?!
    A BIG Thank you! I am humbled!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Enjoy your weekend!

      Delete