Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Met - Costume Institute Gala 2012

"During the Oscars, celebrities dress to impress the public and each other. During the Costume Institute Gala, also called the Met Ball, they dress to impress a far more discerning audience: Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour.  More than the Oscars or any other event, the Met Ball is where you’ll see fashion that is playful, fresh and risky — well, maybe not Lady Gaga meat dress risky, but asymmetrical/embellished-sleeve/bold-patterned risks, instead."
Every year I look forward to seeing what wonderful creations designers come up with next.  This year I can truly say I was not disappointed.  Usually the guests arrive and are photographed while on the steps of The Met but this year was different as the arrivals were streamed live online and questions could be submitted via Twitter.  Of course I took advantage of the live streaming and formed my own opinions.  While there were hits and misses, according to reviewers, here are my favorites.

FAVORITE LADIES:

Beyonce - Black lace, purple feathers and a killer figure.  What's not to like?

Diana Agron of "Glee" - Loved the color of this gown and her hair.

Solange Knowles - Canary yellow simple peplum gown with cuff and clutch.  LOVE.

Rihanna - Tom Ford.  Enough Said!

Ginnifer Goodwin - I love her pixie haircut and the color of her gown.
She is fast becoming one of my favorite actresses.

FAVORITE COUPLES:

Alicia Keyes & Swizz Beatz - Anytime that a lady wears a tuxedo to an event I like.  When its Alicia Keyes I love. 

LaLa Vasquez & Carmelo Anthony - Stunning!
  

I love when a Mother-Daughter duo attend events together, especially Anna Wintour and her daughter Bee Shaffer.


FAVORITE MEN:

Gerard Butler - Ever since this blue eyed gorgeous Scotsman took on the role of the Phantom
in Phantom of the Opera he stole a piece of my heart.  So, of course, he's my favorite.

Take time to enjoy every day!

Intro paragraph:  by Maura Judkis, Huntington Post
Photos:  Yahoo OMG

No comments:

Post a Comment